Jew-hate is not an option. But for many, they thrive on it. Don’t dismiss it.
As we come to the end of January 2016, let’s take a few minutes to dwell on the sickness that pervades the Middle East and in Europe. Yes, you’re probably rolling your eyes, your eyebrows have reached the upper limits of your forehead, and you’ve started to sigh and shake your head in dismay. So, let’s go right into what I have to say.
Jew-hate item one: “While the victim of terror attack, Dafna Meir 36, and a mother of six children, was being laid to rest in Jerusalem, a Palestinian Facebook page with more than four million followers posted the horrendous picture above. The word written in the middle of the picture is ‘Otniel’, the name of the community where the terror attack took place. After the community’s name, a bloody knife emblazoned with a Palestinian flag on the handle is depicted above words that praise the terrorist. This is a prime example of murderous Palestinian incitement on social media that encourages terror attacks against Israelis and needs to be stopped immediately!”
Jew-hate item two: “The father of the teenage Arab terrorist who murdered mother of six Dafna Meir in her home on Sunday night has expressed pride over his son’s gruesome actions. Murad Bader Abdullah Adais fatally stabbed Meir at the front door to her house in Otniel, as she valiantly struggled to close the door on him and prevent him from slaughtering three of her children who were with her at the time. Adais then fled on foot, sparking a major manhunt which resulted in his capture early Tuesday morning. Speaking to Palestinian media, Adais’s father said he was proud of his son for stabbing the unarmed nurse to death. “I am proud of him,” he said, adding that security forces also detained and interrogated several family members during the arrest operation.”
James McGreevey, the former Governor of New Jersey, was once quoted as saying we are losing sight of civility in government and politics. Debate and dialogue is taking a back seat to the politics of destruction and anger and control. Dogma has replaced thoughtful discussion between people of differing views.
I find it hard not to disagree with McGreevey, other than to say in my opinion we have already lost it, not just in government and politics, but within society! The sickness that is consuming people, coupled with their utter hate and cruelty towards anything that resembles the likes of a Jew, has become intolerable. So let’s call a spade a spade, stop making a plethora of platitudes and excuses for our fellow man, and look directly at some of this month’s who’s-who in the Jew-hate category:
- Hizbullah Deputy Secretary-General Na’im Qassem at Beirut Conference for Palestine said: “Our Goal Is To Eliminate Israel.”
- A pregnant woman hurt in a stabbing near Jerusalem, Michal Fruman, 30, moderately wounded in terror attack in Tekoa; her unborn baby was unharm; the terrorist was shot and critically wounded by an armed civilian.
- Fatah-run Awdah TV broadcast a music video explicitly calling to murder Israelis all over Israel – “in all their neighborhoods.” The song calls on Palestinians to “drown them in a sea of blood, kill them as you wish.”
- Abbas’ Fatah movement posted an uncensored version of the picture of dead terrorist murderer Nashat Melhem lying in a pool of blood. It also praised the killer of three a “Martyr” and congratulated him on its official Facebook page.
- Fatah’s branch in Bethlehem marked Fatah Day on January 7, 2016 with a parade in the Dheisheh refugee camp featuring masked men brandishing firearms and axes, as well as children armed with mock RPG rockets and suicide belts.
- A man wearing a kippah was attacked and robbed in Germany in an antisemitic attack by refugees from Syria and Afghanistan on the island of Puttgarden. The victim was a 49 year old French businessman who was pushed to the floor and robbed by the attackers as they yelled “Yahud’ Arabic for Jew. They took his shoulder bag that contained money, a cellphone and other valuables.
Be it the Daesh, Hezbollah, Hamas, Palestinian Islamic Jihad, Hizb ut Tahrir, Al-Qaeda or Al-Sabireen, these vile miscreants are tarred with the same brush; they all hate Jews.
Back to Jew-hate filled Gaza. How many of the western media are writing about Al-Sabireen, the newest terrorist group in the Gaza Strip?
- “The new Iranian-backed Al-Sabireen was established in wake of tensions between Iran and its two former allies in the Gaza Strip: Hamas and Islamic Jihad. Since the beginning of the Syrian crisis four years ago, relations between Tehran and Hamas and Islamic Jihad have been strained. […] Al-Sabireen, whose emblem is identical to that of another Iran proxy, Hezbollah, so far has about 400 followers in the Gaza Strip. Each one receives a monthly salary of $250-$300, while the senior officials of the group get at least $700.”
And what, if any, was the reaction in the western media to Hamas’ spokesman Fawzi Barhoum when he said, “Let me say loud and clear to our people in the West Bank: anyone who has a knife, a club, a weapon, or a car, yet does not use it to run over a Jew…and does not use it to kill dozens of Zionists, does not belong to Palestine.”
- A local French politician was been found dead in his apartment with multiple stab wounds. Alain Ghozland, 73, a Republican councillor from Creteil near Paris, which has a large Jewish population. A family member told Metro News that the body showed signs of both stabbing and beating, but police have no leads on the investigation yet.
- And while much of the western media insist on regurgitating the question, “Why hasn’t Israel lifted the Gaza blockade,” none of them seem to be at all interested in the fact, and I quote: “Since the 2013 Egyptian coup d’état in which president Mohammad Morsi was ousted by General Abdel Fattah al-Sisi, Egyptian authorities have kept the border crossing almost totally closed. Twenty-two days into 2016, the Rafah border crossing has been closed and Gazans lack supplies of basic goods such as gas and electricity. Currently, the chances of the crossing being reopened are low, given Egypt’s declaration that it will not open it before the fifth anniversary of the 2011 uprising.”
By the way, the fifth anniversary is on Monday, January 25. Watch for plenty of hate, smoke and fire on the day. Know doubt the Jew-haters will find cause to blame any deaths on the Jewish holiday of Tu BiShvat, which also occurs on January 25.
In Canada, where I live, the country where we are in the process of extending a welcome to some 25,000 Syrian refugees of various faiths, we are also not immune to Jew-hate. Here’s what Honest Reporting Canada had to say earlier this week.
“”Writing in the Globe and Mail on December 14, Michael Bell, former Canadian ambassador to Israel and co-director of the Jerusalem Old City Initiative, excused Palestinian terrorism while baselessly charging that a “Judaization” of Jerusalem exists. In truth, Bell’s op-ed was just another example of Palestinian incitement.
“Without substantiation, Bell claimed Israeli “zealots” are attempting to change the Temple Mount’s status quo while seeking the destruction of the Al Aqsa Mosque, efforts which Bell claimed are prompting Palestinians to commit terrorism.
“Bell claimed: “The spate of frequent and growing knife attacks has been provoked by the perhaps unsurprising misperception that Mr. Netanyahu plans to change the “status quo” step by step, given the pressures he is subject to.””
And in conclusion, in Sweden, the repugnant Israel-bashing Swedish Foreign Minister Margot Wallstrom continues to make outrageous claims. Recently it was reported “she called on Israel to halt what she called ‘extrajudicial executions’ in response to attacks by knife-wielding Palestinians.”
We have lost our way. What politician, what member of society, has the will and fortitude to help change it? Depressing, isn’t?
* * *
OVER SEVENTY YEARS LATER – “Plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose” | “The more things change, the more they stay the same”
Thank God there’s an Israel!
بفضل الله، هناك إسرائيل
ہم اسرائیل کے پاس خدا کا شکر ہے
Check out our jewishinfoNews videos