by Alan Simons
I really can’t think of any other way to put it. Mishigas!
- Christmas cards published by the virulent antisemitic group Ireland Palestine Solidarity Campaign (IPSC) depicting Madonna and child dressed in the Palestinian flag. (See below)
- Protesting Muslims stabbed a life-size Santa Claus figure in a rally held on Thursday in İstanbul . “No to New Year and Christmas celebrations,” they chanted. I’m relieved to tell you Santa Claus fortunately survived with multiple stabbing wounds.
- President Abbas has declared that Jesus Christ is a “Palestinian messenger.“ According to Wafa, the Palestinian Authority’s official news agency, Abbas said: “In Bethlehem, more than 2000 years ago, Jesus Christ was born; a Palestinian messenger who would become a guiding light for millions around the world. As we Palestinians strive for our freedom two millennia later, we do our best to follow his example. We work with hope, seeking justice, in order to achieve a lasting peace.” He added, “Christians are not a minority here: they are an integral part of the Palestinian people.”
- Oh yeah? Perhaps I should remind Abbas it was only last year that, ”Palestinian sources said PA security forces have been called to stop Muslim attacks on Christians in several communities in the West Bank. They said attacks have been reported on Christian villages or neighborhoods by hostile Muslim elements. A Palestinian Authority security officer outside of the Entry of Humility at the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem. ‘There is a growing perception by young Muslims that Christians are agents of Israel and the West and must be expelled,’ a Palestinian source said. In mid-May, nearly 100 Muslims attacked the Christian village of Taibeh in the West Bank. The sources said the Muslim assailants arrived in Taibeh with pistols and clubs after rumors spread that a Muslim was attacked in the village, with a population of fewer than 2,000. ‘Palestinian Authority policemen who rushed to the village had to shoot into the air to drive back the Muslim attackers and prevent a slaughter,’ Hisham Jarallah. a Palestinian analyst and journalist, said.”
- In the meantime, Persecution.org reports, “Christians living in the Gaza Strip live under the reality of ongoing attacks on both churches and individuals. Living under the control of Hamas which considers Christians as infidels, the situation is more serious than you can imagine, Hazem Shanab said. Hamas controls all churches and mosques implements their ideology in all sectors of life, even to rewriting textbooks to match their worldview.”
- And who isn’t screaming at Israel this week for striking at Gaza because 22 year-old Israeli Bedouin Salih Abu Latif was killed by a sniper in Hamas-controlled Gaza as he was repairing a fence on the border of Gaza?
- In the UK, oh yes, it has to be in the UK, The Daily Mail reports, “Fanatics from a banned Islamic hate group Islam4UK have launched a nationwide poster campaign denouncing Christmas as evil. Organizers plan to put up thousands of placards around the UK claiming the season of goodwill is responsible for rape, teenage pregnancies, abortion, promiscuity, crime and paedophilia. They hope the campaign will help ‘destroy Christmas’ in this country and lead to Britons converting to Islam instead.”
- In the meantime . . . the UN High Commissioner for Refugees, director Antonio Guterres says, “We have not seen a refugee outflow [from Syria] of such a frightening rate since the Rwandan genocide.”
- UNICEF, the UN agency for children, reports “the deterioration of education in Syria and among Syrian refugees is the worst in the history of the region. In Syria itself, three million children have ceased going to schools because of the fighting and the destruction of their schools.”
- Still in Syria, Barrel bombs ‘kill 87 children’ in Aleppo. “More than 300 people, 87 of them children, have been killed in a week of air raids on the northern Syrian city of Aleppo and nearby towns by President Bashar al-Assad’s forces, a monitoring group said on Monday. Many were killed by so-called barrel bombs dropped from helicopters, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.”
- One has to add: “Bugs Bunny is Jewish!” claims David Yehuda Stern, British cinematic historian. (Better not let President Abbas know!)